Is anyone using waxe? (wxWidgets/haXe)
Jason O'Neil
2011-09-23 08:36:16 UTC
Hi List

Is anyone out there using waxe? (I'm aware Hugh is one of the developers
and won't be able to answer). I'm considering using it for a project,
either that or I try to pick up Python again and use PyQT or similar. The
reason I'm asking is because I'm currently sporting only a linux laptop, and
it doesn't look like waxe has been compiled yet for linux. I'm wondering if
the project is mature enough to be worth my time figuring out how to get it
to compile / run on linux.

So, anyone using it? Is it worth me learning? It's for a relatively small
project, creating a simple GUI to do simple operations at a school I'm doing
some work with.

Jason
jboadas
2011-09-27 18:53:30 UTC
Hello just my first post. Im a newcomer to Haxe (a newbie Haxer)

I was wondering with this seem question, I have a very big project in AS3
and looking if I Can port it to Haxe but cant found a clue on a Haxe gui
library. Maybe more advanced Haxer's can answer this.

Thanks in advanced.

http://haxe.org
Maximiliano Fernández
2011-09-27 21:39:36 UTC
We have some GUI libraries round there. You can use aswing ( website:
http://www.aswing.org/, in haxe wiki: http://haxe.org/com/libs/aswing ).
haxelib install aswing
Personally, I use minimalcomps haXe port (
https://github.com/slaskis/minimalcomps ). There are very simple but useful
components in the library. and very customizable. It's not cross platform,
but it's very simple to get it compiled in the platform you want ;) I'm
forgotting some other libraries, but these two are my main focus when
developing GUI's.

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1
Jason O'Neil
2011-09-28 10:54:11 UTC
Thanks Max

AsWing looks really good - I'm impressed. For this particular project I
decided in the end that python would probably be the more appropriate tool
for the job as it's more of a system admin tool than a web project.

Still, now I'm very eager to experiment with AsWing and some of these other
libraries, especially targeting multiple platforms.

Thanks!
Jason
http://haxe.org
Jesus Boadas
2011-09-28 11:51:30 UTC
Very thanks.

Also was wondering if AsWing is supported in the cpp target.
--
Jesus Boadas
jboadas-***@public.gmane.org
Maximiliano Fernández
2011-09-28 11:58:55 UTC
Jason: Well, you have other library, that possibly can help you: systools (
http://code.google.com/p/neko-systools/ ). It's a library that has bindings
to common system dialogs, like "open file" dialog. It works in neko only...
I was planning to translate the C code to be cross-platform, but my
priorities were pointing to other side in that time and now. Test it ;)

haxelib install systools

Jesus: It works in cpp/neko through NME ;)

Max
0 1 0 | 0 0 1 | 1 1 1